Cheesy Garlic Rosemary Toast. This toast is a simple accompaniment to a pasta dish or even a hearty appetizer or snack on its own. It’s made from a wonderful bread that is baked with fresh rosemary leaves in the dough.
Just take a few thin slices of rosemary bread, spread them with a garlic mayonnaise, top with shredded Parmesan, and broil until the cheese is melty and golden brown.
Serve with your favorite pasta dish or salad or as an appetizer or snack. Try it with my Sausage, Mushroom and Shallot Lasagna, my Pasta Primavera or my Best Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. It’s also tasty along with my Hearty Grilled Fish over White Bean Stew.
From the kitchen of A Food Lover’s Delight….
Cheesy Garlic Rosemary Toast
4 thin slices rosemary bread (about 1/2 inch thick per slice)
1/2 c mayonnaise (I use Just Mayo)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Set your oven temperature to broil.
2. Arrange the four rosemary bread slices on a baking sheet.
3. Mix together the mayonnaise and minced garlic.
4. Spread the garlic mayo mixture on the bread slices.
5. Top each slice with a sprinkling of shredded parmesan.
6. Broil the slices in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and has turned golden brown.
7. Serve the toasts immediately.
Serves 4 as a side dish. Offer with your favorite pasta, stew or soup dish. If you can’t find rosemary bread at your local grocer or bakery, you can chop fresh rosemary leaves and add them to the mayonnaise and garlic spread.
Get a dozen highly-rated “bake at home” rosemary breads from Amazon.com:
www.afoodloversdelight.com (Copyright Adroit Ideals 2016)